Mar 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish is reporting that the Nationals have signed pitcher Aaron Laffey to a minor league deal. The lefty turns 29 years old on April 15.
Laffey had signed a minor league deal with the Orioles back in January, but they released him on Tuesday.
A seven-year MLB veteran, Laffey has spent time with the Indians, Mariners, Yankees, Blue Jays, and Mets. He split last season with the Mets and with the Jays in his second stint. Overall, in 487 career innings, Laffey has a 4.45 ERA and a 242/189 K/BB ratio.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)