Mar 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish is reporting that the Nationals have signed pitcher Aaron Laffey to a minor league deal. The lefty turns 29 years old on April 15.
Laffey had signed a minor league deal with the Orioles back in January, but they released him on Tuesday.
A seven-year MLB veteran, Laffey has spent time with the Indians, Mariners, Yankees, Blue Jays, and Mets. He split last season with the Mets and with the Jays in his second stint. Overall, in 487 career innings, Laffey has a 4.45 ERA and a 242/189 K/BB ratio.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 11
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 14
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (98)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)