Mar 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish is reporting that the Nationals have signed pitcher Aaron Laffey to a minor league deal. The lefty turns 29 years old on April 15.
Laffey had signed a minor league deal with the Orioles back in January, but they released him on Tuesday.
A seven-year MLB veteran, Laffey has spent time with the Indians, Mariners, Yankees, Blue Jays, and Mets. He split last season with the Mets and with the Jays in his second stint. Overall, in 487 career innings, Laffey has a 4.45 ERA and a 242/189 K/BB ratio.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 68
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)