Mar 30, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes the Marlins’ lineup plan for Opening Day …
With Rafael Furcal headed to the disabled list, Christian Yelich will lead off. [Manager Mike Redmond] said that means Adeiny Hechavarria could bat second, followed by Giancarlo Stanton and Jeff Baker, who will be the Opening Day second baseman against Colorado lefty Jorge De La Rosa.
Placido Polanco was the Marlins’ cleanup man on Opening Day in 2013 and Baker actually hits very well against left-handers, so let’s call this a year-over-year upgrade.
Baker signed a two-year, $3.7 million contract with the Fish in February.
The sports betting site Bovada pegs the Marlins’ over-under win total for 2014 at 69.5.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)