Mar 30, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes the Marlins’ lineup plan for Opening Day …
With Rafael Furcal headed to the disabled list, Christian Yelich will lead off. [Manager Mike Redmond] said that means Adeiny Hechavarria could bat second, followed by Giancarlo Stanton and Jeff Baker, who will be the Opening Day second baseman against Colorado lefty Jorge De La Rosa.
Placido Polanco was the Marlins’ cleanup man on Opening Day in 2013 and Baker actually hits very well against left-handers, so let’s call this a year-over-year upgrade.
Baker signed a two-year, $3.7 million contract with the Fish in February.
The sports betting site Bovada pegs the Marlins’ over-under win total for 2014 at 69.5.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 8
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 6
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (82)