Mar 30, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes the Marlins’ lineup plan for Opening Day …
With Rafael Furcal headed to the disabled list, Christian Yelich will lead off. [Manager Mike Redmond] said that means Adeiny Hechavarria could bat second, followed by Giancarlo Stanton and Jeff Baker, who will be the Opening Day second baseman against Colorado lefty Jorge De La Rosa.
Placido Polanco was the Marlins’ cleanup man on Opening Day in 2013 and Baker actually hits very well against left-handers, so let’s call this a year-over-year upgrade.
Baker signed a two-year, $3.7 million contract with the Fish in February.
The sports betting site Bovada pegs the Marlins’ over-under win total for 2014 at 69.5.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)