Mar 30, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes the Marlins’ lineup plan for Opening Day …
With Rafael Furcal headed to the disabled list, Christian Yelich will lead off. [Manager Mike Redmond] said that means Adeiny Hechavarria could bat second, followed by Giancarlo Stanton and Jeff Baker, who will be the Opening Day second baseman against Colorado lefty Jorge De La Rosa.
Placido Polanco was the Marlins’ cleanup man on Opening Day in 2013 and Baker actually hits very well against left-handers, so let’s call this a year-over-year upgrade.
Baker signed a two-year, $3.7 million contract with the Fish in February.
The sports betting site Bovada pegs the Marlins’ over-under win total for 2014 at 69.5.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)