Mar 30, 2014, 12:33 PM EST
The Braves finally got a dose of favorable injury news on Saturday afternoon when left-handed starter Mike Minor made a one-plus inning appearance in the organization’s “Future Stars” game. Minor was expected to pitch longer, but his day was cut short by a 24-minute rain delay in the top of the second.
It was his first time throwing in a live game since the end of 2013. He had surgery in December to repair scarring in his urethra and came down with shoulder soreness near the beginning of spring camp.
“It felt good to actually play in a game without the L-screen,” Minor told MLB.com. “It felt good. … The game atmosphere of everything rolling, umpires and guys behind me playing defense, it felt good.”
The 26-year-old posted an excellent 3.21 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, and 181/46 K/BB ratio across 204 2/3 innings last season for the Braves. He is expected to join Atlanta’s starting rotation by the end of April.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)