Mar 30, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star has the update …
Omar Infante still feels a pinch in his right elbow when he swings and throws, but he said he is good to go. The 25-man roster is set.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) March 30, 2014
Infante also dealt with some right shoulder inflammation early on in camp, but tests were taken on his right arm and came back negative so the Royals will march forward. The 32-year-old second baseman signed a four-year, $30.25 million free agent contract with Kansas City in December after batting .318/.345/.450 with 10 home runs and 51 RBI in 118 games last season for the Tigers. He is expected to bat second this year in the Royals’ lineup, behind Norichika Aoki and in front of Eric Hosmer, Billy Butler, Alex Gordon, Salvador Perez, Mike Moustakas, Lorenzo Cain, and Alcides Escobar. It’s a pretty dangerous offense.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 2
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 14
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 79
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8