Mar 31, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
For the past few weeks we’ve been previewing the 2014 season. Here, in handy one-stop-shopping form, is our package of previews from the National League West.
Can anyone beat the Dodgers? Besides themselves, I mean? The Diamomdbacks have grit and stuff, but wouldn’t having Patrick Corbin be better? Do the Giants have another run in them? It is an even-numbered year, after all. People thought the Padres would be surprising last year, does that hold for this year? The Rockies didn’t really do anything in the offseason. Will they do anything once the games start?
Below are our team-by-team previews for the NL West as well as our HBT Extra feature on the division:
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)