Mar 31, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Last year Bryce Harper had two seasons: the amazing one before he ran into a wall and was knocked senseless and the not-so-amazing one afterwards. So seeing this in the second inning of the first game of the season is about as scary as it gets for the Nats:
This is the play on which it happened. Eric Young, Jr.’s shin just smacked him on the side of his head as Harper went in to break up the double play.
He got up and came back out to play the field in the bottom of the inning, but it’s definitely worth watching and worrying about him.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 38
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29