Mar 31, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Grady Sizemore‘s comeback story keeps getting better. Playing in his first regular season game since 2011, the Red Sox center fielder singled in his first at-bat and then homered in his second at-bat.
It was Sizemore’s first homer since July 15, 2011, also against the Orioles at Camden Yards.
Some “wow, that was a long time ago” tidbits from that 2011 game: Travis Hafner was the Indians’ No. 3 hitter, Orlando Cabrera was their second baseman and No. 6 hitter, Derrek Lee batted fifth for the Orioles, and Koji Uehara pitched the final two innings for Baltimore.
Anyway, welcome back Grady Sizemore!
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)