Mar 31, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore‘s comeback story keeps getting better. Playing in his first regular season game since 2011, the Red Sox center fielder singled in his first at-bat and then homered in his second at-bat.
It was Sizemore’s first homer since July 15, 2011, also against the Orioles at Camden Yards.
Some “wow, that was a long time ago” tidbits from that 2011 game: Travis Hafner was the Indians’ No. 3 hitter, Orlando Cabrera was their second baseman and No. 6 hitter, Derrek Lee batted fifth for the Orioles, and Koji Uehara pitched the final two innings for Baltimore.
Anyway, welcome back Grady Sizemore!
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)