Mar 31, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore‘s comeback story keeps getting better. Playing in his first regular season game since 2011, the Red Sox center fielder singled in his first at-bat and then homered in his second at-bat.
It was Sizemore’s first homer since July 15, 2011, also against the Orioles at Camden Yards.
Some “wow, that was a long time ago” tidbits from that 2011 game: Travis Hafner was the Indians’ No. 3 hitter, Orlando Cabrera was their second baseman and No. 6 hitter, Derrek Lee batted fifth for the Orioles, and Koji Uehara pitched the final two innings for Baltimore.
Anyway, welcome back Grady Sizemore!
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 37
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 25
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 9
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)