Mar 31, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore‘s comeback story keeps getting better. Playing in his first regular season game since 2011, the Red Sox center fielder singled in his first at-bat and then homered in his second at-bat.
It was Sizemore’s first homer since July 15, 2011, also against the Orioles at Camden Yards.
Some “wow, that was a long time ago” tidbits from that 2011 game: Travis Hafner was the Indians’ No. 3 hitter, Orlando Cabrera was their second baseman and No. 6 hitter, Derrek Lee batted fifth for the Orioles, and Koji Uehara pitched the final two innings for Baltimore.
Anyway, welcome back Grady Sizemore!
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)