Mar 31, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
According to Anthony of the Los Angeles Times, three Marines were attacked and stabbed early Sunday in Huntington Beach, California. Sadly, it appears that the dispute originated between some Dodgers and Angels fans:
Six people were arrested Sunday after officers were summoned to a dispute between people fighting over the two baseball teams. Police said the 1:45 a.m. incident took place near the intersection of Main and Walnut streets, a crowded intersection just blocks from the beach.
Officers said the incident apparently began when a woman wearing an Angels jersey got into a dispute with two people who were talking about the Dodgers.
As the conflict grew, three Marines who were passing by attempted to come to the aid of the woman wearing the Angels jersey, but ended up being attacked and stabbed.
Police said that as officers tried to break up the fight, one of the Marines was stabbed in the face with a broken beer bottle.
According to the report, the three Mariners “were recovering” as of today and the investigation is ongoing. Just awful.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)