Mar 31, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
According to Anthony of the Los Angeles Times, three Marines were attacked and stabbed early Sunday in Huntington Beach, California. Sadly, it appears that the dispute originated between some Dodgers and Angels fans:
Six people were arrested Sunday after officers were summoned to a dispute between people fighting over the two baseball teams. Police said the 1:45 a.m. incident took place near the intersection of Main and Walnut streets, a crowded intersection just blocks from the beach.
Officers said the incident apparently began when a woman wearing an Angels jersey got into a dispute with two people who were talking about the Dodgers.
As the conflict grew, three Marines who were passing by attempted to come to the aid of the woman wearing the Angels jersey, but ended up being attacked and stabbed.
Police said that as officers tried to break up the fight, one of the Marines was stabbed in the face with a broken beer bottle.
According to the report, the three Mariners “were recovering” as of today and the investigation is ongoing. Just awful.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 8
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 34
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)