Mar 31, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
According to Anthony of the Los Angeles Times, three Marines were attacked and stabbed early Sunday in Huntington Beach, California. Sadly, it appears that the dispute originated between some Dodgers and Angels fans:
Six people were arrested Sunday after officers were summoned to a dispute between people fighting over the two baseball teams. Police said the 1:45 a.m. incident took place near the intersection of Main and Walnut streets, a crowded intersection just blocks from the beach.
Officers said the incident apparently began when a woman wearing an Angels jersey got into a dispute with two people who were talking about the Dodgers.
As the conflict grew, three Marines who were passing by attempted to come to the aid of the woman wearing the Angels jersey, but ended up being attacked and stabbed.
Police said that as officers tried to break up the fight, one of the Marines was stabbed in the face with a broken beer bottle.
According to the report, the three Mariners “were recovering” as of today and the investigation is ongoing. Just awful.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)