Mar 31, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Rockies right-hander Tyler Chatwood will be placed on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain. The move will be made prior to Wednesday’s game, when right-hander Jordan Lyles will be called up to replace him and start against the Marlins.
Chatwood actually suffered the injury while legging out a triple during a Cactus League game on Friday. He was able to make it through a bullpen session yesterday, but the Rockies are concerned about doing things like running the bases and covering first base. The hope is that he’ll make one rehab start and return to the rotation on April 12 against the Giants.
Chatwood, 24, posted a 3.15 ERA and 66/41 K/BB ratio over 111 1/3 innings last season. His 58.5 percent ground ball rate was second-highest among pitchers with at least 110 innings pitched.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)