Mar 31, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Rockies right-hander Tyler Chatwood will be placed on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain. The move will be made prior to Wednesday’s game, when right-hander Jordan Lyles will be called up to replace him and start against the Marlins.
Chatwood actually suffered the injury while legging out a triple during a Cactus League game on Friday. He was able to make it through a bullpen session yesterday, but the Rockies are concerned about doing things like running the bases and covering first base. The hope is that he’ll make one rehab start and return to the rotation on April 12 against the Giants.
Chatwood, 24, posted a 3.15 ERA and 66/41 K/BB ratio over 111 1/3 innings last season. His 58.5 percent ground ball rate was second-highest among pitchers with at least 110 innings pitched.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (150)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)