Apr 1, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
I know not all of you are tethered to Twitter all day like I am, but if you are — or if you were thinking of wading in but aren’t sure how — Sporting News’ list of 200 must-follow Twitter accounts for baseball is a great place to start.
Now, not all of them are worthwhile. But that’s the thing about Twitter. You follow someone, see if they say interesting things and if not, unfollow them. The overwhelming majority of the folks on that list are good follows and deal primarily — though not exclusively — about baseball. Even Gleeman, D.J., Baer and me. Well, Aaron deals primarily with brunch and dating, but that’s some good stuff.
Shame on them for leaving off Drew and Matthew, though. Although I will admit that when a Cardinals game is on, Drew’s feed gets a little uncomfortable. He totally has a right to have that kind of a relationship with Michael Wacha and Allen Craig. I just don’t see why he has to put it all in our faces like that.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)