Apr 1, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
I know not all of you are tethered to Twitter all day like I am, but if you are — or if you were thinking of wading in but aren’t sure how — Sporting News’ list of 200 must-follow Twitter accounts for baseball is a great place to start.
Now, not all of them are worthwhile. But that’s the thing about Twitter. You follow someone, see if they say interesting things and if not, unfollow them. The overwhelming majority of the folks on that list are good follows and deal primarily — though not exclusively — about baseball. Even Gleeman, D.J., Baer and me. Well, Aaron deals primarily with brunch and dating, but that’s some good stuff.
Shame on them for leaving off Drew and Matthew, though. Although I will admit that when a Cardinals game is on, Drew’s feed gets a little uncomfortable. He totally has a right to have that kind of a relationship with Michael Wacha and Allen Craig. I just don’t see why he has to put it all in our faces like that.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)