Apr 1, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
I know not all of you are tethered to Twitter all day like I am, but if you are — or if you were thinking of wading in but aren’t sure how — Sporting News’ list of 200 must-follow Twitter accounts for baseball is a great place to start.
Now, not all of them are worthwhile. But that’s the thing about Twitter. You follow someone, see if they say interesting things and if not, unfollow them. The overwhelming majority of the folks on that list are good follows and deal primarily — though not exclusively — about baseball. Even Gleeman, D.J., Baer and me. Well, Aaron deals primarily with brunch and dating, but that’s some good stuff.
Shame on them for leaving off Drew and Matthew, though. Although I will admit that when a Cardinals game is on, Drew’s feed gets a little uncomfortable. He totally has a right to have that kind of a relationship with Michael Wacha and Allen Craig. I just don’t see why he has to put it all in our faces like that.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 54
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (76)