Apr 1, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
I know not all of you are tethered to Twitter all day like I am, but if you are — or if you were thinking of wading in but aren’t sure how — Sporting News’ list of 200 must-follow Twitter accounts for baseball is a great place to start.
Now, not all of them are worthwhile. But that’s the thing about Twitter. You follow someone, see if they say interesting things and if not, unfollow them. The overwhelming majority of the folks on that list are good follows and deal primarily — though not exclusively — about baseball. Even Gleeman, D.J., Baer and me. Well, Aaron deals primarily with brunch and dating, but that’s some good stuff.
Shame on them for leaving off Drew and Matthew, though. Although I will admit that when a Cardinals game is on, Drew’s feed gets a little uncomfortable. He totally has a right to have that kind of a relationship with Michael Wacha and Allen Craig. I just don’t see why he has to put it all in our faces like that.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)