Apr 1, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
We may not have Alex Rodriguez to kick around anymore, but we can settle for his nephew. Joe Dunand is 18-years-old and is slated to go to N.C. State in the fall. This past weekend he went 10-for-12 with nine home runs,including going deep on all of his final eight swings, while representing Miami’s Gulliver Prep in the Horizon National Tournament in Scottsdale, Ariz.
And sure, you may think we can’t kick Dunand around either since he is not, after all, his uncle. But I have it on good authority that Bud Selig plans to impose the Klingon Code of Honor in this case. Since A-Rod has met disgrace, by Klingon tradition, his family should share that disgrace. QED.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)