Apr 1, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
We may not have Alex Rodriguez to kick around anymore, but we can settle for his nephew. Joe Dunand is 18-years-old and is slated to go to N.C. State in the fall. This past weekend he went 10-for-12 with nine home runs,including going deep on all of his final eight swings, while representing Miami’s Gulliver Prep in the Horizon National Tournament in Scottsdale, Ariz.
And sure, you may think we can’t kick Dunand around either since he is not, after all, his uncle. But I have it on good authority that Bud Selig plans to impose the Klingon Code of Honor in this case. Since A-Rod has met disgrace, by Klingon tradition, his family should share that disgrace. QED.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)