Apr 1, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
We may not have Alex Rodriguez to kick around anymore, but we can settle for his nephew. Joe Dunand is 18-years-old and is slated to go to N.C. State in the fall. This past weekend he went 10-for-12 with nine home runs,including going deep on all of his final eight swings, while representing Miami’s Gulliver Prep in the Horizon National Tournament in Scottsdale, Ariz.
And sure, you may think we can’t kick Dunand around either since he is not, after all, his uncle. But I have it on good authority that Bud Selig plans to impose the Klingon Code of Honor in this case. Since A-Rod has met disgrace, by Klingon tradition, his family should share that disgrace. QED.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 36
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)