Apr 1, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
We may not have Alex Rodriguez to kick around anymore, but we can settle for his nephew. Joe Dunand is 18-years-old and is slated to go to N.C. State in the fall. This past weekend he went 10-for-12 with nine home runs,including going deep on all of his final eight swings, while representing Miami’s Gulliver Prep in the Horizon National Tournament in Scottsdale, Ariz.
And sure, you may think we can’t kick Dunand around either since he is not, after all, his uncle. But I have it on good authority that Bud Selig plans to impose the Klingon Code of Honor in this case. Since A-Rod has met disgrace, by Klingon tradition, his family should share that disgrace. QED.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)