Apr 1, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
We may not have Alex Rodriguez to kick around anymore, but we can settle for his nephew. Joe Dunand is 18-years-old and is slated to go to N.C. State in the fall. This past weekend he went 10-for-12 with nine home runs,including going deep on all of his final eight swings, while representing Miami’s Gulliver Prep in the Horizon National Tournament in Scottsdale, Ariz.
And sure, you may think we can’t kick Dunand around either since he is not, after all, his uncle. But I have it on good authority that Bud Selig plans to impose the Klingon Code of Honor in this case. Since A-Rod has met disgrace, by Klingon tradition, his family should share that disgrace. QED.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)