Apr 1, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Francisco has been assigned to Triple-A Buffalo.
The 26-year-old was released by the Brewers at the end of spring training after losing first base duties to a platoon of Lyle Overbay and Mark Reynolds. Francisco tallied 18 home runs in 124 games last season between the Braves and Brewers, but that came alongside a .296 on-base percentage and he is not a very reliable defender.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)