Apr 1, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Francisco has been assigned to Triple-A Buffalo.
The 26-year-old was released by the Brewers at the end of spring training after losing first base duties to a platoon of Lyle Overbay and Mark Reynolds. Francisco tallied 18 home runs in 124 games last season between the Braves and Brewers, but that came alongside a .296 on-base percentage and he is not a very reliable defender.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 62
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)