Apr 1, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
As first reported by Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA, the Dodgers are placing right-handed setup man Brian Wilson on the 15-day disabled list because of nerve irritation in his pitching elbow.
An MRI was taken and the results came up negative, but there is no timetable for Wilson’s return.
The 32-year-old had Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 when he was a member of the Giants. He also underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery while in college at LSU.
Wilson blew an eighth-inning Los Angeles lead in Sunday’s “Opening Night” loss to the Padres, allowing three runs on two hits and a walk. He didn’t look right in that appearance, and now we know why. The Dodgers re-signed the bearded reliever this winter to a one-year, $10 million free agent contract with a $9 million player option for 2015.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)