Apr 1, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
As first reported by Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA, the Dodgers are placing right-handed setup man Brian Wilson on the 15-day disabled list because of nerve irritation in his pitching elbow.
An MRI was taken and the results came up negative, but there is no timetable for Wilson’s return.
The 32-year-old had Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 when he was a member of the Giants. He also underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery while in college at LSU.
Wilson blew an eighth-inning Los Angeles lead in Sunday’s “Opening Night” loss to the Padres, allowing three runs on two hits and a walk. He didn’t look right in that appearance, and now we know why. The Dodgers re-signed the bearded reliever this winter to a one-year, $10 million free agent contract with a $9 million player option for 2015.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 44
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 50
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)