Apr 1, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
As first reported by Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA, the Dodgers are placing right-handed setup man Brian Wilson on the 15-day disabled list because of nerve irritation in his pitching elbow.
An MRI was taken and the results came up negative, but there is no timetable for Wilson’s return.
The 32-year-old had Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 when he was a member of the Giants. He also underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery while in college at LSU.
Wilson blew an eighth-inning Los Angeles lead in Sunday’s “Opening Night” loss to the Padres, allowing three runs on two hits and a walk. He didn’t look right in that appearance, and now we know why. The Dodgers re-signed the bearded reliever this winter to a one-year, $10 million free agent contract with a $9 million player option for 2015.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)