Apr 1, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
As first reported by Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA, the Dodgers are placing right-handed setup man Brian Wilson on the 15-day disabled list because of nerve irritation in his pitching elbow.
An MRI was taken and the results came up negative, but there is no timetable for Wilson’s return.
The 32-year-old had Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 when he was a member of the Giants. He also underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery while in college at LSU.
Wilson blew an eighth-inning Los Angeles lead in Sunday’s “Opening Night” loss to the Padres, allowing three runs on two hits and a walk. He didn’t look right in that appearance, and now we know why. The Dodgers re-signed the bearded reliever this winter to a one-year, $10 million free agent contract with a $9 million player option for 2015.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 43
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)