Apr 1, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
As first reported by Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA, the Dodgers are placing right-handed setup man Brian Wilson on the 15-day disabled list because of nerve irritation in his pitching elbow.
An MRI was taken and the results came up negative, but there is no timetable for Wilson’s return.
The 32-year-old had Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 when he was a member of the Giants. He also underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery while in college at LSU.
Wilson blew an eighth-inning Los Angeles lead in Sunday’s “Opening Night” loss to the Padres, allowing three runs on two hits and a walk. He didn’t look right in that appearance, and now we know why. The Dodgers re-signed the bearded reliever this winter to a one-year, $10 million free agent contract with a $9 million player option for 2015.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 43
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 84
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)