Apr 1, 2014, 8:33 AM EDT
Here’s Dan Shaughnessy in the Boston Globe today, closing a column headlined “Red Sox were lacking championship intangibles”:
Those were the things they did not do on Monday. Luckily, the Red Sox do not play in a town that’s likely to overreact to a loss on Opening Day.
Wednesday night, however, just became a Must Win for the Olde Town Team.
The beginning of baseball season is awesome in every way except for the part in which people forget how the sport’s beauty lies in the fact that no one game is truly significant. As a result, people actually offer Serious Analysis of single games for a few days before hey remember that too.
This is why our game recap feature is decidedly not Serious. Games just happen. Apart from injuries, no one event in them should get anyone too concerned.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 59
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11