Apr 1, 2014, 8:33 AM EDT
Here’s Dan Shaughnessy in the Boston Globe today, closing a column headlined “Red Sox were lacking championship intangibles”:
Those were the things they did not do on Monday. Luckily, the Red Sox do not play in a town that’s likely to overreact to a loss on Opening Day.
Wednesday night, however, just became a Must Win for the Olde Town Team.
The beginning of baseball season is awesome in every way except for the part in which people forget how the sport’s beauty lies in the fact that no one game is truly significant. As a result, people actually offer Serious Analysis of single games for a few days before hey remember that too.
This is why our game recap feature is decidedly not Serious. Games just happen. Apart from injuries, no one event in them should get anyone too concerned.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)