Apr 1, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The Mets are placing Daniel Murphy on paternity leave. He’ll miss a couple of days. This happens fairly frequently in major league baseball and paternity leave as a whole is pretty common in the typical workplace (though not common enough in the view of this father, but that’s another post).
In any event, some Mets fans have a problem with this. Or with paternity leave in general:
Not going to criticize Daniel Murphy for going on paternity leave, but I think the very concept of paternity leave is stupid.
— Sobriquet (@TheFoyeEffect) April 1, 2014
Murphy doesn’t deserve time off. His wife did all the work. She needs the time off. He needs to go to work. — Urban Redneck (@RobbieNYK) April 1, 2014
Murphy also has all winter to be with the kid, something most of us don’t get. He had yesterday and today that’s enough.
— D (@Hey_its_Don) April 1, 2014
Paternity leave is for woman. — Urban Redneck (@RobbieNYK) April 1, 2014
wtf is paternity leave?? what a joke. MT @MarcCarig: nothing official re: Murphy yet, but he’s EXPECTED to go on paternity leave tomorrow.
— Harry C. (@harrycalat) April 1, 2014
Great day for Mets fans. Banner day.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)