Apr 1, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The Mets are placing Daniel Murphy on paternity leave. He’ll miss a couple of days. This happens fairly frequently in major league baseball and paternity leave as a whole is pretty common in the typical workplace (though not common enough in the view of this father, but that’s another post).
In any event, some Mets fans have a problem with this. Or with paternity leave in general:
Not going to criticize Daniel Murphy for going on paternity leave, but I think the very concept of paternity leave is stupid.
— Sobriquet (@TheFoyeEffect) April 1, 2014
Murphy doesn’t deserve time off. His wife did all the work. She needs the time off. He needs to go to work. — Urban Redneck (@RobbieNYK) April 1, 2014
Murphy also has all winter to be with the kid, something most of us don’t get. He had yesterday and today that’s enough.
— D (@Hey_its_Don) April 1, 2014
Paternity leave is for woman. — Urban Redneck (@RobbieNYK) April 1, 2014
wtf is paternity leave?? what a joke. MT @MarcCarig: nothing official re: Murphy yet, but he’s EXPECTED to go on paternity leave tomorrow.
— Harry C. (@harrycalat) April 1, 2014
Great day for Mets fans. Banner day.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)