Apr 1, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
The Mets are placing Daniel Murphy on paternity leave. He’ll miss a couple of days. This happens fairly frequently in major league baseball and paternity leave as a whole is pretty common in the typical workplace (though not common enough in the view of this father, but that’s another post).
In any event, some Mets fans have a problem with this. Or with paternity leave in general:
Not going to criticize Daniel Murphy for going on paternity leave, but I think the very concept of paternity leave is stupid.
— Sobriquet (@TheFoyeEffect) April 1, 2014
Murphy doesn’t deserve time off. His wife did all the work. She needs the time off. He needs to go to work. — Urban Redneck (@RobbieNYK) April 1, 2014
Murphy also has all winter to be with the kid, something most of us don’t get. He had yesterday and today that’s enough.
— D (@Hey_its_Don) April 1, 2014
Paternity leave is for woman. — Urban Redneck (@RobbieNYK) April 1, 2014
wtf is paternity leave?? what a joke. MT @MarcCarig: nothing official re: Murphy yet, but he’s EXPECTED to go on paternity leave tomorrow.
— Harry C. (@harrycalat) April 1, 2014
Great day for Mets fans. Banner day.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 111
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (111)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)