Apr 2, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
2:57: And now it’s over for Harang too, as Logan Schafer singles up the middle to lead off the seventh. Now it’s just a regular old low-scoring game.
2:50: It’s all over for Garza, as Chris Johnson just hit a monster homer to center with two outs in the seventh. It’s 1-0 Braves. Harang’s no-no still intact.
2:46 PM: And Harang matches him with a no-no through six. Now, let’s see if the Braves try to drop a bunt on Garza. Not so much to get a hit as to get him to lose his composure again.
2:37 PM: Garza retires the Braves in order in the six.
2:31 PM: Just posting this will jinx it, but I don’t care.
It’s a perfect storm, really. Both pitchers seem to have good stuff working today, but they also have a pretty liberal strike zone by home plate umpire Paul Schrieber. It’s also getaway day and both lineups look like they have a cab waiting with the meter running.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)