Apr 2, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
2:57: And now it’s over for Harang too, as Logan Schafer singles up the middle to lead off the seventh. Now it’s just a regular old low-scoring game.
2:50: It’s all over for Garza, as Chris Johnson just hit a monster homer to center with two outs in the seventh. It’s 1-0 Braves. Harang’s no-no still intact.
2:46 PM: And Harang matches him with a no-no through six. Now, let’s see if the Braves try to drop a bunt on Garza. Not so much to get a hit as to get him to lose his composure again.
2:37 PM: Garza retires the Braves in order in the six.
2:31 PM: Just posting this will jinx it, but I don’t care.
It’s a perfect storm, really. Both pitchers seem to have good stuff working today, but they also have a pretty liberal strike zone by home plate umpire Paul Schrieber. It’s also getaway day and both lineups look like they have a cab waiting with the meter running.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)