Apr 2, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
2:57: And now it’s over for Harang too, as Logan Schafer singles up the middle to lead off the seventh. Now it’s just a regular old low-scoring game.
2:50: It’s all over for Garza, as Chris Johnson just hit a monster homer to center with two outs in the seventh. It’s 1-0 Braves. Harang’s no-no still intact.
2:46 PM: And Harang matches him with a no-no through six. Now, let’s see if the Braves try to drop a bunt on Garza. Not so much to get a hit as to get him to lose his composure again.
2:37 PM: Garza retires the Braves in order in the six.
2:31 PM: Just posting this will jinx it, but I don’t care.
It’s a perfect storm, really. Both pitchers seem to have good stuff working today, but they also have a pretty liberal strike zone by home plate umpire Paul Schrieber. It’s also getaway day and both lineups look like they have a cab waiting with the meter running.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)