Apr 2, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
New York talk radio hosts voiced all sorts of loud, gross opinions criticizing Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy for going on paternity leave, but a) it’s a common thing across baseball and b) if you’re a human being how can you possibly criticize someone for that?
Anyway, hopefully the Philadelphia versions of those radio hosts won’t take the same stance on Rollins. He’s a man with a job and a family, and he is taking a little time away from his job to be with his family during an extremely important moment. The end.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)