Apr 2, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
New York talk radio hosts voiced all sorts of loud, gross opinions criticizing Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy for going on paternity leave, but a) it’s a common thing across baseball and b) if you’re a human being how can you possibly criticize someone for that?
Anyway, hopefully the Philadelphia versions of those radio hosts won’t take the same stance on Rollins. He’s a man with a job and a family, and he is taking a little time away from his job to be with his family during an extremely important moment. The end.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 30
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)