Apr 2, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
New York talk radio hosts voiced all sorts of loud, gross opinions criticizing Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy for going on paternity leave, but a) it’s a common thing across baseball and b) if you’re a human being how can you possibly criticize someone for that?
Anyway, hopefully the Philadelphia versions of those radio hosts won’t take the same stance on Rollins. He’s a man with a job and a family, and he is taking a little time away from his job to be with his family during an extremely important moment. The end.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (80)