Apr 2, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
New York talk radio hosts voiced all sorts of loud, gross opinions criticizing Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy for going on paternity leave, but a) it’s a common thing across baseball and b) if you’re a human being how can you possibly criticize someone for that?
Anyway, hopefully the Philadelphia versions of those radio hosts won’t take the same stance on Rollins. He’s a man with a job and a family, and he is taking a little time away from his job to be with his family during an extremely important moment. The end.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 4
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 56
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (247)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)