Apr 2, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
New York talk radio hosts voiced all sorts of loud, gross opinions criticizing Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy for going on paternity leave, but a) it’s a common thing across baseball and b) if you’re a human being how can you possibly criticize someone for that?
Anyway, hopefully the Philadelphia versions of those radio hosts won’t take the same stance on Rollins. He’s a man with a job and a family, and he is taking a little time away from his job to be with his family during an extremely important moment. The end.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)