Apr 3, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
The official word from the Rockies last night was that Carlos Gonzalez exited as a precaution due to dizziness. However, MLB.com’s Thomas Harding revealed today the contributing factor to the reported dizziness and dehydration: Gonzalez swallowed a big wad of dip.
“I talked to him last night after the game and he assured me he was fine and was going to be all right, so it’s a nice name to write in a lineup,” manager Walt Weiss said prior to Thursday’s game. “He might’ve swallowed some dip or something. He landed hard, knocked the wind out of himself, swallowed some dip, dehydration, all those things were factors.”
Fortunately, the Rockies held on to beat the Marlins 6-5 last night. If they had lost after one of their two best players left for such a silly reason, Gonzalez might have taken some heat.
The left fielder was back in Thursday’s lineup.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 19
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 18
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 31
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)