Cubs outfielder Junior Lake wore the wrong jersey today

Apr 3, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT

I know the Cubs and Pirates had a late night last night, but for cryin’ out loud, man, have an extra cup of coffee and read the sign in the clubhouse that tells you which uniforms you’re wearing today:

In his defense, however, Lake’s version of the Cubs roadie is better than the block “CUBS” roadie.

1. davidpom50 - Apr 3, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I have no idea how this all works, but it’s GOTTA be the clubhouse attendants’ fault, right? The players don’t maintain their own uniforms.

And for the record, I agree with Craig. Lake wore the right jersey. The other 30 or so uniformed personnel wore the wrong one.

• missthemexpos - Apr 3, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Well at least he was not wearing his pajamas.

2. lukedunphysscienceproject - Apr 3, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Considering how many people he would have had to walk past on his way to the field, I would say there were lots of sleepy folks in the Cubs clubhouse today.

3. vivabear - Apr 3, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Did his pants have the piping down the side?

• nolanwiffle - Apr 3, 2014 at 3:50 PM

You’re assuming he even remembered to put his pants on.

4. holleywood9 - Apr 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I like the road alternates. There are a lot of teams doing that this year. And I think it’s a good look.

• johnnysoda - Apr 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Really? That block lettering is ugly.

And I can’t stand when any team uses block lettering (i.e. Cleveland, Houston). It’s not pleasant to look at.

5. rocketsteadman - Apr 3, 2014 at 2:17 PM

In his defense, the Cubs Offense actually scored runs with him wearing the wrong uniform. Therefore, wear whatever you want Junior!

• jwbiii - Apr 3, 2014 at 2:39 PM

But can he pitch out of the bullpen?

• rocketsteadman - Apr 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM

You win this round jwbiii

• jwbiii - Apr 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM

At the time I wrote that, the Cubs’ bullpen looked to be in the process of blowing a 3-0 lead. “Eh, I’ve seen this movie a few times,” I thought.

6. mikhelb - Apr 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM

One or two days ago it happened in the Mexican Baseball League, a player entered with a diff. uniform and per the baseball rules, he was ejected from the game, it was really funny because it happened as soon as the initial playball was chanted but before a pitch was thrown in the game.

7. whatacrocker - Apr 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I thought this article was going to be about wearing a uniform with the wrong name on the BACK. Even more awesome would have been if the wrong name was ‘Ocean’ or ‘Rivers’.

Do Billy Ocean or Doc Rivers happen to play for the Cubs?

8. tfilarski - Apr 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM

The old roadies were definitely better. I did not think they would be using the old version at all this year. I am surprised it was even packed??

9. willclarkgameface - Apr 3, 2014 at 8:06 PM

The new Cubs road jersey sucks, but what are you gonna do when you haven’t won in over 100 years? Come up with a heinous mascot to parade around because nothing really seems to work? Oh wait…

10. Bob - Apr 3, 2014 at 9:05 PM

This is why it’s stupid (outside of feasting on the sheeples that will buy the new jersey) to have two uniforms that are the same color. And that’s not just jerseys, but uniforms, because the Cubs wear solid gray pants with the “CHICAGO” jersey and striped pants with the “CUBS” jersey.

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3942)