Apr 3, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that free agent right-hander Freddy Garcia has received multiple minor league offers, including one from the Rangers. However, he continues to work out in Miami, Florida in hopes of finding a major league contract.
With the injury-riddled Braves’ staff, most assumed that Garcia would leave spring training with a rotation spot, but he was surprisingly cut loose in late March. The club quickly moved on and gave a major league deal to Aaron Harang, who allowed two hits over 6 2/3 scoreless innings Wednesday in his season debut against the Brewers.
Garcia, 37, had a 4.37 ERA and 46/17 K/BB ratio in 80 1/3 innings over 13 starts and four relief appearances between the Braves and Orioles last season. He finished strong with Atlanta and even made a start during the NLDS against the Dodgers.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)