Freddy Garcia has fielded multiple minor league offers, including one from the Rangers

Apr 3, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT

Freddy Garcia Getty Getty Images

CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that free agent right-hander Freddy Garcia has received multiple minor league offers, including one from the Rangers. However, he continues to work out in Miami, Florida in hopes of finding a major league contract.

With the injury-riddled Braves’ staff, most assumed that Garcia would leave spring training with a rotation spot, but he was surprisingly cut loose in late March. The club quickly moved on and gave a major league deal to Aaron Harang, who allowed two hits over 6 2/3 scoreless innings Wednesday in his season debut against the Brewers.

Garcia, 37, had a 4.37 ERA and 46/17 K/BB ratio in 80 1/3 innings over 13 starts and four relief appearances between the Braves and Orioles last season. He finished strong with Atlanta and even made a start during the NLDS against the Dodgers.

1. renaado - Apr 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I’m pretty sure he knows he’s tank is really running low now. I hope him well on finding a new job in the Majors this year.

2. chill1184 - Apr 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Considering the Tommy John “virus” is spreading, one would think he’ll find a new team in no time.

3. savilo831 - Apr 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Way to go BRANDON BELT!!!!! Go Giants!!!!

• aresachaela - Apr 4, 2014 at 1:22 AM

And I thought my good old friend Renaado was the only one who gets off topic here. I truly thank you for keeping him company :-).

• renaado - Apr 4, 2014 at 1:35 AM

I can see you have some some enough knowledge in Baseball too go through this site am I right Ares..? You know the project our adviser has given to us? I really hope you’ve finished that now you know instead of writing statements here…

• aresachaela - Apr 4, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Are you really that sensitive of my jokes Renaado? You really need to change your persona knowing your now in a different site you know, Just a friendly advise :-). And also your Braves suck as hell, That one run game yesterday was just for fun for the fans. It won’t happen anymore in the regular season you know?

• renaado - Apr 4, 2014 at 5:39 AM