Apr 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Mets outfielder Chris Young left last night’s game with a strained quadriceps and now he’s headed to the disabled list.
Young actually injured his quadriceps during spring training and sat out Opening Day before joining the lineup for Game 2, but made it just one inning before exiting.
Young signed a one-year, $7.25 million deal with the Mets in the hopes of bouncing back following a rough 2013 with the A’s and hitting the open market again as a 31-year-old next winter.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)