Apr 3, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
The Rays announced this evening that infielder/outfielder Sean Rodriguez has been placed on the paternity leave list. No word on whether they asked the hosts from WFAN for permission before doing so.
According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, Rodriguez and his wife are expecting the birth of their fourth child. He’s permitted to be away from the team for 24-72 hours.
The Rays have called up infielder Vince Belnome to take Rodriguez’s place on the active roster.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)