Apr 3, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
The Rays announced this evening that infielder/outfielder Sean Rodriguez has been placed on the paternity leave list. No word on whether they asked the hosts from WFAN for permission before doing so.
According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, Rodriguez and his wife are expecting the birth of their fourth child. He’s permitted to be away from the team for 24-72 hours.
The Rays have called up infielder Vince Belnome to take Rodriguez’s place on the active roster.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 9
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)