Apr 3, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
The Rays announced this evening that infielder/outfielder Sean Rodriguez has been placed on the paternity leave list. No word on whether they asked the hosts from WFAN for permission before doing so.
According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, Rodriguez and his wife are expecting the birth of their fourth child. He’s permitted to be away from the team for 24-72 hours.
The Rays have called up infielder Vince Belnome to take Rodriguez’s place on the active roster.
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 11
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 75
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)