Apr 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
MLB just released a list of the best-selling jerseys of the offseason and it turns out this time around everyone wanted to celebrate the Red Sox winning the World Series:
1. David Ortiz, Red Sox
2. Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox
3. Derek Jeter, Yankees
4. Yadier Molina, Cardinals
5. Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers
6. Andrew McCutchen, Pirates
7. Buster Posey, Giants
8. David Wright, Mets
9. Robinson Cano, Mariners
10. Manny Machado, Orioles
Comparing the midseason list to the offseason list, the only holdovers in the top 10 are Jeter, Molina, Posey, Wright, and Machado.
Also of note: Yasiel Puig ranked 11th and Matt Harvey still cracked the top 20 at No. 16 despite undergoing Tommy John elbow surgery. In all, 10 of the top 20 jerseys belong to players in New York, Boston, or Los Angeles (plus Cano, who just left New York).
Not mentioned, but assumed: J.J. Putz ranked dead last for the 12th consecutive season.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8