Apr 4, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Sportsnet.ca’s Ben Nicholson-Smith reports that the Blue Jays have designated pitcher Jeremy Jeffress for assignment. The club recalled right-hander Chad Jenkins from Triple-A to take his spot on the roster. Jeffress, who earned a spot on the Jays’ 25-man roster with a solid spring showing, allowed three runs in one inning in his 2014 debut on March 31, surrendered two hits and two walks in 1 1/3 innings on Thursday, and allowed one run in one inning Friday night. His season ERA currently stands at 10.80.
Jeffress, taken by the Brewers in the first round of the 2006 draft, went to the Royals in the Zack Greinke trade in December 2010, then was purchased by the Blue Jays in November 2012. He has not had much success in 51 1/3 innings at the big league level, sporting a 4.44 career ERA.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 1
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)