Apr 4, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports that the Diamondbacks have claimed outfielder Roger Kieschnick off of waivers from the Giants. To make room for him on the 40-man roster, the D-Backs placed pitcher Patrick Corbin on the 60-day disabled list, then assigned Kieschnick to Triple-A Reno.
The Giants had designated Kieschnick for assignment on Saturday after he posted a meager .172/.294/.172 line in 29 at-bats during spring training. Kieschnick, 27, didn’t hit much in his first season in the big leagues last season, either. In 95 plate appearances, he posted a .202/.295/.226 line.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 0
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)