Apr 4, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
Jimmy Rollins was initially back in the Phillies’ lineup for today’s game after leaving the team for the birth of his child, but manager Ryne Sandberg just posted a new lineup with Jayson Nix starting in his place at shortstop.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Rollins is not yet back with the team, so they’ll play at least one more game short-handed. He wasn’t officially placed on the paternity leave list, so no replacement player was added to the roster in his absence.
Sandberg told reporters that there was a “miscommunication” in which he thought Rollins would be back in time for today’s game, but instead the shortstop will be getting back in town tonight.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (296)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)