Apr 4, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Jimmy Rollins was initially back in the Phillies’ lineup for today’s game after leaving the team for the birth of his child, but manager Ryne Sandberg just posted a new lineup with Jayson Nix starting in his place at shortstop.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Rollins is not yet back with the team, so they’ll play at least one more game short-handed. He wasn’t officially placed on the paternity leave list, so no replacement player was added to the roster in his absence.
Sandberg told reporters that there was a “miscommunication” in which he thought Rollins would be back in time for today’s game, but instead the shortstop will be getting back in town tonight.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)