Apr 4, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
Jimmy Rollins was initially back in the Phillies’ lineup for today’s game after leaving the team for the birth of his child, but manager Ryne Sandberg just posted a new lineup with Jayson Nix starting in his place at shortstop.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Rollins is not yet back with the team, so they’ll play at least one more game short-handed. He wasn’t officially placed on the paternity leave list, so no replacement player was added to the roster in his absence.
Sandberg told reporters that there was a “miscommunication” in which he thought Rollins would be back in time for today’s game, but instead the shortstop will be getting back in town tonight.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 0
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 60
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)