Apr 4, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Jimmy Rollins was initially back in the Phillies’ lineup for today’s game after leaving the team for the birth of his child, but manager Ryne Sandberg just posted a new lineup with Jayson Nix starting in his place at shortstop.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Rollins is not yet back with the team, so they’ll play at least one more game short-handed. He wasn’t officially placed on the paternity leave list, so no replacement player was added to the roster in his absence.
Sandberg told reporters that there was a “miscommunication” in which he thought Rollins would be back in time for today’s game, but instead the shortstop will be getting back in town tonight.
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 1
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 34
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)