Apr 4, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
Jimmy Rollins was initially back in the Phillies’ lineup for today’s game after leaving the team for the birth of his child, but manager Ryne Sandberg just posted a new lineup with Jayson Nix starting in his place at shortstop.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Rollins is not yet back with the team, so they’ll play at least one more game short-handed. He wasn’t officially placed on the paternity leave list, so no replacement player was added to the roster in his absence.
Sandberg told reporters that there was a “miscommunication” in which he thought Rollins would be back in time for today’s game, but instead the shortstop will be getting back in town tonight.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)