Apr 4, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Josh Beckett made his scheduled rehab start with Class A Rancho Cucamonga on Friday, but walked off with a trainer after a failed attempt to field a bunt, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Jesus Galindo laid down a bunt leading off the fifth inning and reached safely as Beckett injured himself.
Overall, Beckett allowed three runs on five hits and three walks while striking out five in four innings. Beckett was working his way back from a thumb injury and hoping to make his 2014 debut some time towards the end of April, but that may have to be pushed back.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)