Apr 4, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Josh Beckett made his scheduled rehab start with Class A Rancho Cucamonga on Friday, but walked off with a trainer after a failed attempt to field a bunt, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Jesus Galindo laid down a bunt leading off the fifth inning and reached safely as Beckett injured himself.
Overall, Beckett allowed three runs on five hits and three walks while striking out five in four innings. Beckett was working his way back from a thumb injury and hoping to make his 2014 debut some time towards the end of April, but that may have to be pushed back.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 36
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 31
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)