Apr 4, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Josh Beckett made his scheduled rehab start with Class A Rancho Cucamonga on Friday, but walked off with a trainer after a failed attempt to field a bunt, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Jesus Galindo laid down a bunt leading off the fifth inning and reached safely as Beckett injured himself.
Overall, Beckett allowed three runs on five hits and three walks while striking out five in four innings. Beckett was working his way back from a thumb injury and hoping to make his 2014 debut some time towards the end of April, but that may have to be pushed back.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)