Apr 4, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Josh Beckett made his scheduled rehab start with Class A Rancho Cucamonga on Friday, but walked off with a trainer after a failed attempt to field a bunt, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Jesus Galindo laid down a bunt leading off the fifth inning and reached safely as Beckett injured himself.
Overall, Beckett allowed three runs on five hits and three walks while striking out five in four innings. Beckett was working his way back from a thumb injury and hoping to make his 2014 debut some time towards the end of April, but that may have to be pushed back.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)