Apr 4, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Josh Beckett made his scheduled rehab start with Class A Rancho Cucamonga on Friday, but walked off with a trainer after a failed attempt to field a bunt, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Jesus Galindo laid down a bunt leading off the fifth inning and reached safely as Beckett injured himself.
Overall, Beckett allowed three runs on five hits and three walks while striking out five in four innings. Beckett was working his way back from a thumb injury and hoping to make his 2014 debut some time towards the end of April, but that may have to be pushed back.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)