Apr 4, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
On the one hand, as Aaron once pointed out (and got killed for it), the 2,000-hit club is not the most exclusive club on the planet. On the other hand, Miguel Cabrera is accelerating right the heck past 2,000 while still firmly in his prime, so it’s not like it’s the only club he’s going to belong to.
And he definitely has his foot on the gas today. Cabrera is 4-for-5 with three RBI against the Orioles this afternoon, and his fourth hit was number 2,000. And it was a two-run homer. It was his first homer on the year and the three RBIs today are his first three of the season.
The Tigers are leading 10-2 as I type this. And the best active hitter in baseball is a big reason why. Welcome to the club, Miguel.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 74
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)