Apr 4, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
On the one hand, as Aaron once pointed out (and got killed for it), the 2,000-hit club is not the most exclusive club on the planet. On the other hand, Miguel Cabrera is accelerating right the heck past 2,000 while still firmly in his prime, so it’s not like it’s the only club he’s going to belong to.
And he definitely has his foot on the gas today. Cabrera is 4-for-5 with three RBI against the Orioles this afternoon, and his fourth hit was number 2,000. And it was a two-run homer. It was his first homer on the year and the three RBIs today are his first three of the season.
The Tigers are leading 10-2 as I type this. And the best active hitter in baseball is a big reason why. Welcome to the club, Miguel.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (340)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)