Apr 4, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
On the one hand, as Aaron once pointed out (and got killed for it), the 2,000-hit club is not the most exclusive club on the planet. On the other hand, Miguel Cabrera is accelerating right the heck past 2,000 while still firmly in his prime, so it’s not like it’s the only club he’s going to belong to.
And he definitely has his foot on the gas today. Cabrera is 4-for-5 with three RBI against the Orioles this afternoon, and his fourth hit was number 2,000. And it was a two-run homer. It was his first homer on the year and the three RBIs today are his first three of the season.
The Tigers are leading 10-2 as I type this. And the best active hitter in baseball is a big reason why. Welcome to the club, Miguel.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 85
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 68
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 70
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 73
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)