Apr 4, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the Rays have had “serious extension talks” with Yunel Escobar. He says that while it’s not imminent, it would not be surprising to see an extension sometime soon. Robbie Knopf of Rays Colored Glasses first wrote about extension talks between the two sides yesterday afternoon.
The Rays have a $5 million club option on Escobar for 2015 before he hits free agency after that season. He hit .256/.332/.366 with nine home runs and 56 RBI during his first season with the Rays. He’s an above average defensive shortstop.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 2
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (94)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)