Wily Peralta took a header during the Red Sox ring ceremony

Apr 4, 2014, 2:48 PM EST

Lost in the pomp and circumstance of the Red Sox receiving their World Series rings at Fenway Park this afternoon is that Brewers pitcher Wily Peralta tripped and fell while jogging onto the field afterward.

Here’s the video:

Poor guy.

I actually thought about not posting the video, because it’s essentially mocking a person for being human and having an embarrassing moment, but as someone who recently slipped on the ice here in Minnesota and wrecked his knee I now feel a deep kinship with Peralta. And also if there was video of me falling I’d link to that too.

1. pgilbert15303 - Apr 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Dang… Thanks a ton… Just snotted Dr. Pepper through my nose, because I was laughing so hard… Play Ball!

2. kkkershaw22 - Apr 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Somebody should have told him those rings weren’t for him

3. bfunk1978 - Apr 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I thought this was an exaggeration, but I guess not:

• larrytsg - Apr 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Geez, this makes it sound like he squatted and left a huge dookie right there in Fenway.

4. slaugin - Apr 4, 2014 at 3:49 PM

The haymakers he throws as he’s going down is my favorite part. I could watch this repeatedly all day.

5. ironcurtin64 - Apr 4, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Check out his teammate on the far right side laughing and clapping.

6. asimonetti88 - Apr 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I can’t stop laughing about this at work. I did this once in high school football, running to the locker rooms after a practice, it was so embarrassing! Luckily my fall wasn’t caught on television! lol

7. zdravit - Apr 4, 2014 at 6:59 PM

He was the only one running? Or is he swimming?

8. donniev77 - Apr 5, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I’m trying to figure out where he was running to in such a hurry. No one else was in full sprint like Ol’ Crazy Legs Peralta

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester