Apr 4, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Lost in the pomp and circumstance of the Red Sox receiving their World Series rings at Fenway Park this afternoon is that Brewers pitcher Wily Peralta tripped and fell while jogging onto the field afterward.
Here’s the video:
I actually thought about not posting the video, because it’s essentially mocking a person for being human and having an embarrassing moment, but as someone who recently slipped on the ice here in Minnesota and wrecked his knee I now feel a deep kinship with Peralta. And also if there was video of me falling I’d link to that too.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)