Apr 5, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Billy Hamilton‘s nightmare week continues, as Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the speedy outfielder was scratched from today’s lineup against the Mets due to a jammed left finger. He’s considered day-to-day.
Hamilton jammed the finger he was thrown out by Anthony Recker while attempting to steal second base in the eighth inning last night. He didn’t start the game, but was brought in as a pinch-runner. It was the second time in 15 attempts that he has been thrown out in the big leagues.
Replacing Shin-Soo Choo as the Reds’ center fielder and leadoff man, Hamilton has game-changing speed, but there are questions about whether he’ll hit enough to utilize it. He’s 0-for-12 with six strikeouts and one walk so far this season.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)