Apr 5, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton‘s nightmare week continues, as Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the speedy outfielder was scratched from today’s lineup against the Mets due to a jammed left finger. He’s considered day-to-day.
Hamilton jammed the finger he was thrown out by Anthony Recker while attempting to steal second base in the eighth inning last night. He didn’t start the game, but was brought in as a pinch-runner. It was the second time in 15 attempts that he has been thrown out in the big leagues.
Replacing Shin-Soo Choo as the Reds’ center fielder and leadoff man, Hamilton has game-changing speed, but there are questions about whether he’ll hit enough to utilize it. He’s 0-for-12 with six strikeouts and one walk so far this season.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)