Apr 5, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
According to Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle, Astros outfielder Dexter Fowler missed last night’s game against the Angels due to a stomach bug and was taken to a Houston hospital.
Astros manager Bo Porter said Friday afternoon that Fowler had a stomach issue related to dehydration, but no other details are available. It’s unclear when he’ll be ready to rejoin the team.
Acquired from the Rockies over the winter, Fowler has enjoyed a quick start with his new team. The 28-year-old is 6-for-12 (.500) with one home run, two doubles, one triple, two RBI, and five runs scored through three games.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 0
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 48
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)