Apr 5, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
According to Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle, Astros outfielder Dexter Fowler missed last night’s game against the Angels due to a stomach bug and was taken to a Houston hospital.
Astros manager Bo Porter said Friday afternoon that Fowler had a stomach issue related to dehydration, but no other details are available. It’s unclear when he’ll be ready to rejoin the team.
Acquired from the Rockies over the winter, Fowler has enjoyed a quick start with his new team. The 28-year-old is 6-for-12 (.500) with one home run, two doubles, one triple, two RBI, and five runs scored through three games.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)