Apr 5, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
According to Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle, Astros outfielder Dexter Fowler missed last night’s game against the Angels due to a stomach bug and was taken to a Houston hospital.
Astros manager Bo Porter said Friday afternoon that Fowler had a stomach issue related to dehydration, but no other details are available. It’s unclear when he’ll be ready to rejoin the team.
Acquired from the Rockies over the winter, Fowler has enjoyed a quick start with his new team. The 28-year-old is 6-for-12 (.500) with one home run, two doubles, one triple, two RBI, and five runs scored through three games.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)