Apr 5, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
Escobar will be guaranteed $13 million over the life of the deal, which covers 2015 and 2016 and carries a club option for 2017. His previous contract included a club option for 2015, so the new deal simply replaces the old one.
Escobar, 31, was acquired from the Marlins last winter and hit .256/.332/.336 with nine home runs and 56 RBI over 153 games in 2013. He’s highly-regarded for his defensive abilities.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)