Apr 5, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
OK, this is pretty awesome.
Let’s take you to the top of the third inning of last night’s game between the Cardinals and Pirates at PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Cardinals third baseman and leadoff man Matt Carpenter slashed a foul ball into the left field stands. One fan was left with a decision to use his hands to catch the ball or to improvise. He improvised, and well, it went pretty awesome:
Popcorn explosion! That’s called being resourceful. Well done.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20