Apr 5, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
OK, this is pretty awesome.
Let’s take you to the top of the third inning of last night’s game between the Cardinals and Pirates at PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Cardinals third baseman and leadoff man Matt Carpenter slashed a foul ball into the left field stands. One fan was left with a decision to use his hands to catch the ball or to improvise. He improvised, and well, it went pretty awesome:
Popcorn explosion! That’s called being resourceful. Well done.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)