Apr 6, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Some 80-grade names in this trade executed Sunday between the Dodgers and Indians …
#Dodgers today acquired Colt Hynes from CLE in exchange for Duke von Schamann. Hynes was added to the 40-man roster and optioned to AAA.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 6, 2014
Hynes was designated for assignment by the Indians at the end of spring training. The 28-year-old left-hander surrendered 25 hits and 17 earned runs in 17 innings of relief last season out of the Padres’ bullpen.
Von Schamann, 22, had a 4.67 ERA in 131 innings last year in the Dodgers’ minor league system.
The Dodgers designated outfielder Mike Baxter for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot for Hynes.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 0
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)