Apr 6, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Some 80-grade names in this trade executed Sunday between the Dodgers and Indians …
#Dodgers today acquired Colt Hynes from CLE in exchange for Duke von Schamann. Hynes was added to the 40-man roster and optioned to AAA.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 6, 2014
Hynes was designated for assignment by the Indians at the end of spring training. The 28-year-old left-hander surrendered 25 hits and 17 earned runs in 17 innings of relief last season out of the Padres’ bullpen.
Von Schamann, 22, had a 4.67 ERA in 131 innings last year in the Dodgers’ minor league system.
The Dodgers designated outfielder Mike Baxter for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot for Hynes.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)