Apr 6, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Some 80-grade names in this trade executed Sunday between the Dodgers and Indians …
#Dodgers today acquired Colt Hynes from CLE in exchange for Duke von Schamann. Hynes was added to the 40-man roster and optioned to AAA.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 6, 2014
Hynes was designated for assignment by the Indians at the end of spring training. The 28-year-old left-hander surrendered 25 hits and 17 earned runs in 17 innings of relief last season out of the Padres’ bullpen.
Von Schamann, 22, had a 4.67 ERA in 131 innings last year in the Dodgers’ minor league system.
The Dodgers designated outfielder Mike Baxter for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot for Hynes.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)