Apr 6, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Some 80-grade names in this trade executed Sunday between the Dodgers and Indians …
#Dodgers today acquired Colt Hynes from CLE in exchange for Duke von Schamann. Hynes was added to the 40-man roster and optioned to AAA.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 6, 2014
Hynes was designated for assignment by the Indians at the end of spring training. The 28-year-old left-hander surrendered 25 hits and 17 earned runs in 17 innings of relief last season out of the Padres’ bullpen.
Von Schamann, 22, had a 4.67 ERA in 131 innings last year in the Dodgers’ minor league system.
The Dodgers designated outfielder Mike Baxter for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot for Hynes.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 63
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)