Apr 6, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Some 80-grade names in this trade executed Sunday between the Dodgers and Indians …
#Dodgers today acquired Colt Hynes from CLE in exchange for Duke von Schamann. Hynes was added to the 40-man roster and optioned to AAA.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 6, 2014
Hynes was designated for assignment by the Indians at the end of spring training. The 28-year-old left-hander surrendered 25 hits and 17 earned runs in 17 innings of relief last season out of the Padres’ bullpen.
Von Schamann, 22, had a 4.67 ERA in 131 innings last year in the Dodgers’ minor league system.
The Dodgers designated outfielder Mike Baxter for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot for Hynes.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)