Apr 6, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Here’s something you don’t see every day. With one out in the sixth inning, Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager lined a 3-2 fastball down the first base line. The only problem was that the line drive struck the first base bag, ricocheted up, and hung in the air long enough for Sonny Gray to grab it. Gray then stepped on first for the easy out.
Gray capped off the exciting play by running into first base umpire Jim Reynolds. 10/10, would watch again.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 29
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)