Apr 6, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Here’s something you don’t see every day. With one out in the sixth inning, Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager lined a 3-2 fastball down the first base line. The only problem was that the line drive struck the first base bag, ricocheted up, and hung in the air long enough for Sonny Gray to grab it. Gray then stepped on first for the easy out.
Gray capped off the exciting play by running into first base umpire Jim Reynolds. 10/10, would watch again.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 113
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)