Apr 6, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Here’s something you don’t see every day. With one out in the sixth inning, Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager lined a 3-2 fastball down the first base line. The only problem was that the line drive struck the first base bag, ricocheted up, and hung in the air long enough for Sonny Gray to grab it. Gray then stepped on first for the easy out.
Gray capped off the exciting play by running into first base umpire Jim Reynolds. 10/10, would watch again.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)