Apr 6, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Here’s something you don’t see every day. With one out in the sixth inning, Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager lined a 3-2 fastball down the first base line. The only problem was that the line drive struck the first base bag, ricocheted up, and hung in the air long enough for Sonny Gray to grab it. Gray then stepped on first for the easy out.
Gray capped off the exciting play by running into first base umpire Jim Reynolds. 10/10, would watch again.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 13
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)