Aroldis Chapman is throwing again

Apr 7, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT

If someone put a steel plate in my head I feel like I’d still be on couch rest. But then again, I’m not a professional athlete:

In other news, Chapman’s Instagram account is full of Frank Rossitano-level hats and t-shirts:

Best reason to get him back on the mound: to get him back into uniform.

1. cur'68 - Apr 7, 2014 at 9:24 AM

‘Roldy is too young to be sporting an incipient beer belly and m00bz. He needs to do something about that. And his wardrobe is wack. Dear Dog, he dresses like a middle aged golfer gangsta. On a side note, I’m glad he’s back throwing.

2. stoutfiles - Apr 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Slightly off-topic, but can we get a post about OBP and who’s got the lowest as an everyday player over the past couple years? I want to say it’s the Reds SS Zack Cozart, and not just for shortstops, but for all of MLB.

I feel like if there are more articles about how worthless he is at the plate that the Reds will realize how bad he is like they did with Drew Stubbs and get someone else.

• clydeserra - Apr 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM

you could go to baseball reference and select 2012-2013 OBP minimum 700 ABs…or something

• thomas844 - Apr 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM

The reason he is still around is that he might be the best defensive SS in the NL outside of Simmons. I agree though, that he has to start swinging the bat better or they might need to trade or call someone else up.

• clydeserra - Apr 7, 2014 at 9:55 AM

(he is twelfth worst. behind Mathis, arencibia, Quintero, Jose lopez, Yunesky Betencourt, Cesar Isturis, Miguel Olivo, Elliot Johnson, Alexi Amarista, Alex Gonzalez, and paul janish. put it up to 800 PAs and he moves up two spots.)

• jm91rs - Apr 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Cozart, Isturis, Alex Gonzales, Paul Janish….all sounds familiar to Reds fans.

• clydeserra - Apr 7, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Dusty don’t cotton to basecloggers.

3. thomas844 - Apr 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I was going to make a snide remark about Craig acting like a fashion expert, but then I actually saw the pictures and completely agreed.

4. aresachaela - Apr 7, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Just watched the video of Chapman getting hit by a line drive.. And it was pretty nasty, are they making protective head gears for pitchers now there?

• renaado - Apr 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I really sure do they’ve done that by now Ares… I hope they should be making or testing one now before someone could die there. And yes Chapman’s line drive hit in the face is more than nasty no words can comprehend it.

5. jm91rs - Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Is Chapman wearing some sort of over-sized heart guard shirt under that? He seems to have a beer belly of sorts, and from what I remember there are people on the team that have remarked about how incredibly fit he is. He is (or was) built very similarly to Usain Bolt. I don’t believe it would have much impact on how he pitches, but I hope the beer and cigarettes aren’t getting to him.

6. sportsdrenched - Apr 7, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Excellent news.

7. moogro - Apr 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM

8. moogro - Apr 11, 2014 at 1:06 PM

9. moogro - Apr 11, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2866)