Apr 7, 2014, 10:19 PM EST
According to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com, the Astros will place reliever Matt Albers on the paternity leave list prior to tomorrow’s game against the Blue Jays. Josh Zeid will be called up from Triple-A Oklahoma City to replace him on the active roster.
Albers and his wife are expecting their first child. The 31-year-old right-hander is permitted to be away from the team for 24-72 hours, so he should be back later this week.
Albers, a Houston native, joined the Astros over the winter on a one-year, $2.45 million contract. He has thrown 4 1/3 scoreless innings with six strikeouts and no walks thus far.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 51
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24