HBT Daily: Tanaka’s one weakness and Bryce Harper’s biggest challenge

Apr 7, 2014, 1:19 PM EST

Kay and I break it down:

1. fissilemissile - Apr 7, 2014 at 3:27 PM

The only thing that the Yankee’s Management knows how to do things is to throw money at their problems. The only way they will know if it Tanaka is worth it, is if they don’t have to throw more money at that problem next year… To which I say, they’ll be throwing more money at something next year anyway. But I love it, because I hate the Yanguise and the Bumb Sox.

• anxovies - Apr 7, 2014 at 11:46 PM

The latest estimate of the worth of the Yankees club franchise is $1.88 Billion. A MLB team is essentially a service industry like a restaurant. You don’t get that big unless you spend a lot of money on the facilities and help and keep them happy. What you call throwing money at something the Yankees call the cost of doing business. Your team ought to try it.

• fissilemissile - Jul 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Throw money at not making the playoffs = bad business model. Call it what you want but come Oct they’ll be yanking themselves at home.

• fissilemissile - Oct 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Well now that the season is over it’s easy for me to point out that you can throw money at something but it won’t always get you what you want. I think poor money management is just as much a detriment to a team as injuries and poor scouting. The Yankee’s paid how much for a team that didn’t even sniff the post season. Doing business is one thing but doing it poorly is another. No thanks for the business model. I’d rather fly my team in coach if it meant more wins than the Yankee’s.

2. ndepratt - Apr 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM

I’m in love with Kay Adams.

3. chimemorg - Apr 8, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Should the rest of the free world give a shît?

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5875)