Apr 7, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune reports that Moore left his start with left elbow soreness. He’s scheduled to undergo an MRI tomorrow.
No word yet on the exact nature of the injury, but Topkin writes that Moore showed a “noticeable grimace” after his final pitch. He allowed one run over 4 1/3 innings before exiting and was replaced by Cesar Ramos.
We’ll pass along an update when we get it.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)