Apr 7, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
According to Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star, the Royals have placed Collins on the disabled list with a flexor strain in his left elbow. While an MRI came back clean, the diminutive southpaw is dealing with some inflammation. The hope is that some rest will do the trick.
Francisley Bueno will join Collins on the disabled list, as the left-hander is suffering from a sprain and bone bruise in his left little finger. The Royals have added left-hander Donnie Joseph and right-hander Michael Mariot to fill the void their bullpen.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 23
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)