Apr 7, 2014, 8:09 PM EST
According to Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star, the Royals have placed Collins on the disabled list with a flexor strain in his left elbow. While an MRI came back clean, the diminutive southpaw is dealing with some inflammation. The hope is that some rest will do the trick.
Francisley Bueno will join Collins on the disabled list, as the left-hander is suffering from a sprain and bone bruise in his left little finger. The Royals have added left-hander Donnie Joseph and right-hander Michael Mariot to fill the void their bullpen.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)