Apr 7, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
According to Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star, the Royals have placed Collins on the disabled list with a flexor strain in his left elbow. While an MRI came back clean, the diminutive southpaw is dealing with some inflammation. The hope is that some rest will do the trick.
Francisley Bueno will join Collins on the disabled list, as the left-hander is suffering from a sprain and bone bruise in his left little finger. The Royals have added left-hander Donnie Joseph and right-hander Michael Mariot to fill the void their bullpen.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (220)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)