Apr 7, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
According to Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star, the Royals have placed Collins on the disabled list with a flexor strain in his left elbow. While an MRI came back clean, the diminutive southpaw is dealing with some inflammation. The hope is that some rest will do the trick.
Francisley Bueno will join Collins on the disabled list, as the left-hander is suffering from a sprain and bone bruise in his left little finger. The Royals have added left-hander Donnie Joseph and right-hander Michael Mariot to fill the void their bullpen.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)