Apr 7, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
According to Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star, the Royals have placed Collins on the disabled list with a flexor strain in his left elbow. While an MRI came back clean, the diminutive southpaw is dealing with some inflammation. The hope is that some rest will do the trick.
Francisley Bueno will join Collins on the disabled list, as the left-hander is suffering from a sprain and bone bruise in his left little finger. The Royals have added left-hander Donnie Joseph and right-hander Michael Mariot to fill the void their bullpen.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)