Apr 7, 2014, 5:35 PM EST
Nunez was once viewed by some people as the heir apparent for Derek Jeter in New York, but he isn’t a good enough defender to play shortstop regularly and with a lifetime .692 OPS isn’t a good enough hitter to be an asset at third base regularly. For now he’ll head to Triple-A for the Twins, but expect to see Nunez in Minnesota at some point this season in a part-time role.
Sulbaran went from the Dodgers to the Twins in exchange for light-hitting backup catcher Drew Butera last season. He’s not considered a top prospect–before this season I ranked him as the 28th-best prospect in the Twins’ farm system–but had a lot of success at low Single-A last year and is certainly a decent enough return for the 26-year-old Nunez (and before that for Butera).
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)