Apr 7, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Hanson is 27 years old and just a few seasons removed from being one of the best starters in baseball for the Braves, but his decline has been incredibly rapid and injuries have sapped his once-dominant raw stuff.
Last season for the Angels he had a 5.42 ERA and just 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings, and this spring he coughed up 11 runs in 14 frames for the Rangers before being cut. It’s a no-risk move for the White Sox, however, and for now they’ll stash Hanson at Triple-A as organizational depth.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)