Apr 7, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Hanson is 27 years old and just a few seasons removed from being one of the best starters in baseball for the Braves, but his decline has been incredibly rapid and injuries have sapped his once-dominant raw stuff.
Last season for the Angels he had a 5.42 ERA and just 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings, and this spring he coughed up 11 runs in 14 frames for the Rangers before being cut. It’s a no-risk move for the White Sox, however, and for now they’ll stash Hanson at Triple-A as organizational depth.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29