Apr 7, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Hanson is 27 years old and just a few seasons removed from being one of the best starters in baseball for the Braves, but his decline has been incredibly rapid and injuries have sapped his once-dominant raw stuff.
Last season for the Angels he had a 5.42 ERA and just 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings, and this spring he coughed up 11 runs in 14 frames for the Rangers before being cut. It’s a no-risk move for the White Sox, however, and for now they’ll stash Hanson at Triple-A as organizational depth.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)