Apr 8, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
From Katie Dowd of the San Francisco Chronicle comes the below photo of Batkid — a five-year-old named Miles Scott who beat leukemia — being guided to the mound by Matt Cain to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Giants’ home opener Tuesday afternoon against the Diamondbacks.
You can learn more about Batkid’s story in this feature from NBC’s Bay Area affiliate.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)