Omar Infante has no concussion or fractures

Apr 8, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT

It was scary last night when Omar Infante was hit in the face by a pitch from Heath Bell. At the time it was feared that he had a concussion and/or a broken jaw. But good news:

It’s hoped that he won’t miss extended time. Glad to hear it.

1. Old Gator - Apr 8, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Owwwww. Get better, Omar.

2. cur'68 - Apr 8, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I’m glad to see this. I was afraid it was going to be a broken jaw at least. Get well soon, Omar.

3. stex52 - Apr 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM

he just hurts like hell for several days. Good news.

• historiophiliac - Apr 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Whew!

4. hammyofdoom - Apr 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM

5. hammyofdoom - Apr 8, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Dear jesus, the guy doesnt have ANY fractures or concussions? I am so happy to hear! When MLB network shows one, and only one replay and the anchors refuse to show any more lets you know just how ugly this was. I hope Infante is good mentally after this as well, this must have been terrifying and could give him some trouble stepping into the batters box

6. kcrobert10 - Apr 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Its amazing he was hurt worst. It was ugly real ugly. Royals do need to call up a middle infielder to play for him at least the next few days. Valencia showed last night he is not a full game answer. Dyson really kills us roster wise outside of a late game base runner he has no value to a mlb roster but yost and Moore can’t seem to let him go.

• stex52 - Apr 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I’m sure they have to call up someone. I don’t care if he has no concussions or fractures. If he doesn’t go on the DL I am amazed.

• sportsdrenched - Apr 8, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Don’t be so sure. Ned likes his veterans regardless of playing ability over younger guys. (dumb, IMO) The likely candidate for a call-up would Johnny Giovotella. He’s been up and down a few times. He’s never done anything, but a lot of fans contend that’s because the organization has been jerking him around. I think they have a point. But I’m not convinced Gio is a long term answer at 2B.

• kcrobert10 - Apr 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Gio and colon are probably not long term answers at 2nd otherwise why do u give infante that 4 yr deal last winter. From my perspective gio may be able to hit enough to get a cup of coffee at the mlb level but he is so bad defensively he loses his value. He was shopped around last winter and had no takers so clearly other mlb teams see it that way to. Have yet to see Colon but he was the number 4 overall pick u would hope to get some production out of him cause they picked him over Chris sale who I wanted. If colon bust like moose to its really a black mark against Mr Moore who prides himself on scouting and development.

Red Sox shopping Lester and Lackey