Apr 9, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler hasn’t played since last Thursday due to viral gastroenteritis, a stomach infection that carries flu-like symptoms and prevented Fowler from eating for several days. But he’s healthy again and will be in the Astros lineup tonight against the Blue Jays.
Fowler started off the season 6 for his first 13 with a homer, two doubles and a triple. It’ll be interesting to see if he can pick up where he left off.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)