Apr 9, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Dexter Fowler hasn’t played since last Thursday due to viral gastroenteritis, a stomach infection that carries flu-like symptoms and prevented Fowler from eating for several days. But he’s healthy again and will be in the Astros lineup tonight against the Blue Jays.
Fowler started off the season 6 for his first 13 with a homer, two doubles and a triple. It’ll be interesting to see if he can pick up where he left off.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)