Apr 9, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Mariners left-handed starter James Paxton owns a ridiculous 1.75 ERA and 0.83 WHIP through his first 36 innings at the major league level. But it’s going to be a while before he gets to add to that stat line.
According to MLB.com’s Greg Johns, the Mariners officially placed Paxton on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday because of a strained left latissimus dorsi muscle that he suffered in the sixth inning of his outing Tuesday night against the Angels. Lucas Luetge was promoted from Triple-A Tacoma in a corresponding move to provide some bullpen depth.
Chris Young will take Paxton’s rotation spot this Sunday against the A’s.
Lat strains usually require 3-4 weeks of recovery time.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 3
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86