Apr 9, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Mariners left-handed starter James Paxton owns a ridiculous 1.75 ERA and 0.83 WHIP through his first 36 innings at the major league level. But it’s going to be a while before he gets to add to that stat line.
According to MLB.com’s Greg Johns, the Mariners officially placed Paxton on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday because of a strained left latissimus dorsi muscle that he suffered in the sixth inning of his outing Tuesday night against the Angels. Lucas Luetge was promoted from Triple-A Tacoma in a corresponding move to provide some bullpen depth.
Chris Young will take Paxton’s rotation spot this Sunday against the A’s.
Lat strains usually require 3-4 weeks of recovery time.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)