Apr 9, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Mariners left-handed starter James Paxton owns a ridiculous 1.75 ERA and 0.83 WHIP through his first 36 innings at the major league level. But it’s going to be a while before he gets to add to that stat line.
According to MLB.com’s Greg Johns, the Mariners officially placed Paxton on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday because of a strained left latissimus dorsi muscle that he suffered in the sixth inning of his outing Tuesday night against the Angels. Lucas Luetge was promoted from Triple-A Tacoma in a corresponding move to provide some bullpen depth.
Chris Young will take Paxton’s rotation spot this Sunday against the A’s.
Lat strains usually require 3-4 weeks of recovery time.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)