Apr 9, 2014, 2:02 PM EST
I started watching baseball in the late 70s so, naturally, I assumed that bullpen cars were just a part of the game. But of course they were just a weird, short-lived part of the game that coincided with my youth.
Over at Mental Floss today Matt Soniak gives a brief history and several links to all things bullpen car. I feel like that’s a way better way to spend the next few minutes than to watch Phil Hughes in that Twins game.
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 4
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 160
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)