Apr 9, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
I started watching baseball in the late 70s so, naturally, I assumed that bullpen cars were just a part of the game. But of course they were just a weird, short-lived part of the game that coincided with my youth.
Over at Mental Floss today Matt Soniak gives a brief history and several links to all things bullpen car. I feel like that’s a way better way to spend the next few minutes than to watch Phil Hughes in that Twins game.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)