Apr 9, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
I started watching baseball in the late 70s so, naturally, I assumed that bullpen cars were just a part of the game. But of course they were just a weird, short-lived part of the game that coincided with my youth.
Over at Mental Floss today Matt Soniak gives a brief history and several links to all things bullpen car. I feel like that’s a way better way to spend the next few minutes than to watch Phil Hughes in that Twins game.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)